Other Health Care Services
Primary care services not available at our practice are provided by NHS North Lincolnshire. Telephone 01652 251000.
Other Local NHS Services
As well as our practice, there are many other local NHS services you can contact for health advice, information or treatment. Before you do, remember that you can treat minor ailments such as colds, coughs and indigestion by keeping a well-stocked medication cabinet at home. We suggest you keep the following:
- Paracetamol and Aspirin (children under 16 and people with asthma should not take Aspirin.)
- Mild laxatives
- Anti-diarrhoeal medicines
- Rehydration mixture
- Indigestion remedy (for example, antacids)
- Travel sickness tablets
- Sunscreen – SPF 15 or higher
- Sunburn treatment (for example, calamine)
- Tweezers and sharp scissors
- A thermometer
- A selection of plasters, non-absorbent cotton wool, elastic bandages and dressings.
- Keep the medicine chest in a secure, locked place out of reach of small children
- Always read the instructions and use the suggested dose
- Watch expiry dates – do not keep or use medicines past their sell-by date.
- Take all unwanted and out-of-date medicines back to the pharmacy.
Your local pharmacist may be able to give you free health advice and you do not need an appointment. Many pharmacies operate extended hours on a rota basis. For details call NHS Direct on 0845 4647